Dr. Strum's Intensive Bone Formula 300 Capsules
Strong bones are essential for an active, healthy lifestyle, especially as you age. Unfortunately, hormonal changes and other age-related factors result in an inevitable loss and degradation of bone tissue — unless you take proactive steps to support bone health.
Life Extension members have access to a state-of-the-art bone health formula previously available only to patients of renowned oncologist and prostate specialist Stephen B. Strum, M.D.
The majority of aging individuals are protected with the ingredients contained in Bone Restoreand the vitamin K they obtain from other supplements. But this formula is specifically designed for individuals who need ultra-potent nutritional support for bone health. A daily serving of ten capsules includes these nine bone-healthy nutrients:
- Potassium citrate — favorably affects bone mineral density through a unique calcium-sparing process in the body, increasing the availability of calcium necessary for bone remodeling.
- Extracts of the Ayurvedic herb Cissus quadrangularis — scientific research indicates it possesses potent bone health-promoting properties, including support for bone generation, healing, and strengthening capabilities. Very few formulas contain this plant-based bone defender.
- DimaCal — a patented form of calcium that exhibits significantly better absorption than other calcium supplement options.
- Vitamin D3 — the optimally bioactive form of vitamin D.
- Vitamin K — long-acting form essential to transport calcium from the bloodstream into the bone. Working together with vitamin D, it helps maintain youthful calcium musculoskeletal distribution throughout the body.
- Magnesium and Zinc — the citrate forms for exceptional bioavailability.
- Boron and Silica — to support the bone matrix as it undergoes already-normal growth and turnover.
Suggested UseTake three capsules in the morning, three capsules in the afternoon and four capsules in the evening daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: 10 capsules
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)||8000 IU||2000%|
|Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7)||200 mcg||250%|
|Calcium [as DimaCal® (Dicalcium Malate)]||800 mg||80%|
|Magnesium (as magnesium citrate)||400 mg||100%|
|Zinc (as zinc citrate)||10 mg||67%|
|Potassium (as potassium citrate supplying 30 milliequivalents potassium)||1173 mg||34%|
|Winged treebine (Cissus quadrangularis) extract (aerial part) [std. to 10% ketosterones (60 mg)]||600 mg||*|
|Boron (from boron citrate, aspartate, glycinate)||6 mg||*|
|Silica [from standardized Bamboo (Bambusa vulgaris) extract (stem)]||5 mg||*|
|* Daily Value not established.|
Other Ingredients: Vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica, maltodextrin.
Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Do not exceed 10,000 IU per day unless recommended by your healthcare provider. This product is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium or potassium levels. Because potassium may have numerous drug interactions (most commonly, diuretics and blood pressure medications), consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking prescription medications and/or have heart or kidney disease. Due to the vitamin K, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product if you are taking anti-platelet or anti-coagulant medications, or have a bleeding disorder.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
For California Consumers: WARNING: This product can expose you to Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information visit: http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food